In my last game I had a chance to try out quite a few of the spirecraft (before it ended abruptly
). Let's gather some opinions here so that a balance pass may be made in the (hopefully) near future
1) Implosion Artillery: only used Mk1, as already mentioned, really unsatisfied. And even though the ship supposedly can deal some good damage, it does not FEEL good, which I think is a problem in and of itself. The damage is absolutely visually unnoticeable on any given target.
Suggestion: why does an artillery ship have a 1s reload? If the reload was like 12s, but the shot was similarly more powerful, I could actually get some visual feedback on how the unit performs. A minimum damage cap would also be nice to have. I know, MK1 isn't supposed to be insane or anything, but at least make it feel like a powerful weapon, not a pew-pew gun
2) Shield Bearer: seems alright with the latest buff, but I would never use MKII or higher. Was quite happy spending Reptite on these things though. Definitely has a place.
Suggestion: it's fine, but the higher marks don't do anything special to actually make me use the rarer asteroids on a non-repairable unit. Not sure what can be done about that.
3) Siege Tower: the workhorse, great survivability and decent damage. Really expensive on the crystal side, but it's money well spent.
Suggestion: it's all good, all the marks seem useful too
4) Jumpship: this thing is INSANE. 3 raid starships, some engineers, 1 Xampite, 120k/120k and you can go kill every single datacenter (and whatever else you want). You get to keep all of this stuff after that, too, if you micro it at least somewhat. It's going to generate some deepstrike threat, but no big deal (I got away with about 100 ships). The possibilities for scouting are also great. And who knows what else you can do with it/
Suggestion: seems kinda broken honestly! It is slightly tricky to use, but the payoff is insane. I could see them being made 1-of from an asteroid instead of 2, and the self attrition ramped up even further to 00:15. Also, I cannot imagine the things you could do if you got your hands on a MK5, but that's supposed to be that way, so no problems there.
5) Martyr: there is no need for words
Suggestion: It is still absurd, you can still build too much of it. Maybe one more iteration of the previous nerf would do it (making it Xamp+ only), but I'm not even completely sure about that. Any mark except the lowest also seems unnecessary, the lowest stiil blows everything up regardless.
6) Attritioner: well, it IS good for creating threat, but just like with the Artillery, you can't usually see the results of its work with your own eyes. Who knows, maybe it's actually insane on defence of in a large battle!
Suggestion: don't know how good it is, but feels like it should stay the way it is for now.
7) Ion Blaster: there is the known issue with it not being able to fire at instakill-immune stuff, but aside from that, not sure if lower marks (I-II) are worth it. It is an actual ion cannon on defense, so it's probably dangerous to buff it. And you would KILL for a mkIV or a mkV, which is exactly now it needs to be. Not easy to control and preserve in battle (who called the Shield Bearers?), but really powerful.
Suggestion: plz fix bug?
8 ) Penetrator: seems fair, since it will most likely die after doing what must be done and can't get around tachy guardians. Didn't specifically try to abuse it, though. (full homeworld penetration anyone?)
Suggestion: seems fine ATM
Exo-waves: I was playing on 7/7, and they weren't extremely dangerous, but I was doing my share of prep work funneling them to my whipping boy and had a really safe map. You can get destroyed if you're unprepared of are caught at a bad time though, so I wouldn't propose any buffing for fear of rotten fruit in the face.
Please post your own experiences with Spirecraft here!