This is old and outdated, but has many of the basics: http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2011/02/art-pipeline-for-valley-without-wind.html
Now the general process is:
- Mostly stock art still, although some original models by Phil Chabot or myself.
- Sources for stock art are cornucopia3d.com, daz3d.com, and turbosquid.com
- The various tiling backgrounds are from a variety of sources, mostly Genetic 3.5 or Filter Forge 3.
- All non-character/monster stuff are rendered in a specific Vue scene with lights set up a certain way. I can legally share that and don't mind doing so; but you'd have to have some form of Vue to use it.
- All of the characters/monsters are rendered and animated in DAZ 3D.
- All of the particle effect pieces are done in Particle Illusion.
- This is all done via a variety of Photoshop filters.
- Most of them are still the Topaz Labs ones with specific custom settings.
- However, there are also a variety of other Actions that I custom made for various types of soft focus and character outline masks, etc.
- It's a few dozen Actions in all, which I'm happy to share, but to make any use of those requires Photoshop pro and in many cases also Topaz Simplify or Topaz Clean.