I seem to miss more frequently myself with PRGs [than weapons such as PACs since I burst fire], but I'm assuming the AI can consistently hit enemies with it. However, how many should I equip each fighter? I have a Xenon L with only two PRGs, so should I provide it with more?
Yes... I've noticed in several occasions where my wingman would destroy themselves with missiles [and thus me having to reload the save], as I had them previously pick up wares. I'm assuming there's no way to have them default at zero percent for firing missiles?
Great--some more new questions (sorry):
1) If I deploy a new type of factory in a local area that doesn't already have a market for it, ie. something that isn't seen being sold at a trading station, will it be of any use, or can I still sell products that it makes to the trading station/etc. for profit? Does it work similar to the way when you sell a ship to a shipyard that doesn't sell that type of ship, or is it different for goods?
2) I see that you mention "jump drives"--I can assume they instantly teleport you to where you want to be--where are they sold? Actually, doesn't Terran space sell them? How many ecells do I need on an average distance, and does it only transport my ship, or ships that have a jump drive (if not, then would the AI automatically jump to my location, or would it manually travel to my area)?
3) I occasionally see the communication option for "help, I'm under attack/etc" when my ship receives damage for a short duration. Does this actually do anything, or is it impractical/useless?
4) Is it safe to have fighter escorts for trading convoys (because I have a Falcon that's a bit too slow after tweaking and thinking about equipping a Pelican with MK3 TC)? Do they make a mess of themselves, or should I just have it travel alone? Should I position the Pelican to trade in Omicron Lyrae, and for future reference, what's the rationale behind equipping it with no weapons (not even an IRE for missile defense)? Does it change the AI logic?
5) How does the complex construction work--if I don't have a TL and I buy this from a shipyard, will it only be available for me when I use that TL?
6) I'm caught in a confusion at the moment: fighters whom I assigned to protect me don't seem to be doing their job very well. A lot of the time they seem to sit around--but if I order them to "attack all enemies", they often rush to their destruction without backup/bait, but do more combat-wise (or so I believe). What's the best stance for AI wingmen?
Thanks again Lancefighter for all the help you've provided so far--I hope it hasn't been of too much inconvenience.