dysons being able to shoot at ALL Mk V targets might be a bit overpowered (I only wanted them to be able to shoot at other dysons ), but I'll do some testing on that. If you guys forgot to put some immunities here and there, we'll see how long it will take a bunch of dysons to kill an enemy golem Yea, potentially it'll have balance issues, but I think I'd rather balance them by some other means than "cannot shoot at X". We'll see if that's possible The cannot-shoot rule made sense back when they were freeing all kinds of AI threat from across the galaxy, but I don't think they wind up on AI planets much anymore. And the neutral ones that do still have the can't-shoot-core thing.
Even if they do wind up on AI core planets and AI home planets, there is some things to keep them from winning the game for you.
1. Friendly Dysons are not allowed to shoot things that can increase AIP, with one sole exception of the special forces guard post. This stops them from shooting Core guard posts (as opposed to mere Mk. V guard posts) and any command station, including the AI home command station.
2. Dysons are not allowed to shoot at capturables, so those ion cannons, OMDs, black hole generators, gravity drills, etc, cannot be taken out for you.
3. Friendly Dysons are not allow to shoot warheads, which IIRC, includes the avenger (it nukes on death)
4. I think that Dysons (friendly or enemy to both) will also refuse to shoot at guard posts, with the exception of the special forces guard post mentioned above.
5. Friendly Dysons will not shoot at things that are not auto-targetable
So these existing restrictions should keep them under control.
Just FYI, human resistance fighters are under similar restrictions. The only one that doesn't apply for them is the guard posts; human resistance fighters are happy to pop guard posts.