Let's say I have just cleared out some stash room and found the warp stone and am ready to get out. Do my options include:
- Warping to the entrance door to the building (same effect you get right now when you click the first room in the building on the map)?
If the entrance door of the building has a warp room, then sure. It almost never will, though, so in general: no. However, for things like this there's a secondary mechanic, called building exits. Most stash rooms have them -- they just take you directly outside. No choice, not part of the warp network, just "get me out of the building."
- Warping to the entrance chunk so I can take two steps and get back to the world map?
Most stashes are going to just have a building exit, so in those cases you'd have no options whatsoever other than: 1. Continue to explore the building; 2. use the building exit to go straight outside.
However, if you're talking about some sort of large place like a cave, or particularly large buildings, or overlords or whatever, they probably have a warp stone in each chunk that is a major junction, and before most of the boss rooms (talking there about the evil lairs). From any of those places, you can get to any other warp stone you've visited in the same region.
Previously you could warp to any chunk in the region, if you'd been there before. Now you can only go to ones that ALSO have a warp stone there.
Previously you could warp anytime, assuming you had a warp potion (and a few other conditions were met, like not being in a boss room). Now you don't need to stock warp potions, but you can only warp if you're standing literally next to the warp statue.
Previously when you warped to most chunks, it would put you in a random location in that chunk. In the case of the exit-to-world-map chunks, it would put you right by the exit. Now it always takes you to exactly where the warp stone in that chunk is, every time.
Exit-to-world-map chunks still have warp stones in them without exception, so if you are way out in the wild somewhere, your process to get back is:
1. If in a building without a warp stone in it, then go for the nearest room with a building exit (stash rooms, mainly), or just work your way manually back out (if it's that small).
2. Now if in an exterior, underground, or particularly large building, then go for the nearest chunk with a warp stone. It's probably 2-3 chunks away at most, most of the time.
3. Once in that chunk, locate the warp stone itself, then stand next to it.
4. Now click the node next to the world map.
5. Now make your way from the warp stone in that chunk to the actual exit, and you're back out.
So, yes, it would take quite a bit longer in the best case to make a quick run back to town. More or less the goal, really. But since you no longer need warp potions, there's also very little reason TO run back to town, most of the time. There are really only two reasons:
1. For healing, if you're worried you're going to die.
2. To do some crafting.
#1 off that list can also be accomplished by carefully killing some monsters. Especially with the recent vitality stone changes, your ability to stay out and about in the wild for extended periods has never been higher.
#2 off that list is something that can be done in batches, rather than running home every time you pick up one new material.
I also updated a lot more stuff on the release notes to answer questions on this one.