Cross posting is so much fun (for me at least)
I'd be happy with:
- more nebula missions and mission types
- improve balance of existing nebulas
- way(s) to gain unlocks outside of nebulae, even if they were secondary in effectiveness to nebulae. Prefereable, this other way would be more "integrated" into the main goal of taking out the AI
- way(s) to gain noticable experience outside of nebulae, even if they were secondary in effectiveness to nebulae. Prefereable, this other way would be more "integrated" into the main goal of taking out the AI (someone mentioned that starships and now also guardians (and higher tiers as well) are really tough enough to put up a good fight against champs, so it seems fair that they would give some exp too. Also, can the exp gain for guard posts and command stations go up a bit?)
- some way to avoid the "tyranny of the RNG" when it comes to unlocks, especially hull and module unlocks that don't work well together (a somewhat common occurrence that can really hurt the effectiveness of the champion by no fault of your own)
- some sort of "respec" system
- more active abilities
- better balance of existing active abilities
Yes, not trivial by any means, but doesn't require "ditching" huge amounts of stuff already in the game, and wouldn't require a whole "expansions worth" of work. Also, it still keeps the current system, mostly, but just expands on it.
Something like unlock trees and a "fallen spire, but with champions" type thing would be cool too, but that seems like it would take too much more work than is reasonably worth to consider at this time.