Whoas, big one right at the end: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Skyward_Collapse_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.990
1. There are twenty
new woes in this one. For reference, there were only twenty-seven woes in the game prior to this release, and a goodly number of those were "same sort of thing, but different particulars." So it was more like 17 or 18 unique woes previously, I forget. And some of those were expert-only. (And yes, we have tested all these woes individually, so there should be no nasty surprises as with the first round of god tokens stuff).
2. The catastrophic woes that you've been accustomed to in general are now only on hard mode or higher. Those were... rough. Great for hard mode, not great for anyone learning or kind of middling. All-new catastrophic woes are now in place for the lower difficulties, and as a bonus they are almost all monster-themed (you know, to fit with the whole "age of monsters" thing).
3. Undo button! The thing everyone has been waiting on for so long!
4. More useful mythological creatures in the late game! Basically, you can upgrade them now, and they even come out pre-upgraded in the later ages. That way they retain that "what, just one minotaur? Auugh!" feel to them throughout the game.
Beyond that it was a really long day of setting up store assets, talking to distributors, and so on. I'm amazed that somehow there was still time to do the stuff in this version, frankly.
Still to come prior to 1.0:
- I need to integrate Nick's comic once I have the final page for that.
- The names of the alpha testers need to be put into the credits.
- Anything absolutely critical that is found overnight, or that is useful and absolutely superfast to do.
- Demo version so that we have a demo pretty much right at launch.
That's pretty well my to-do list for the morning, any things that crop up here aside. Cheers!