|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||May 23, 2013 11:26 am|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Vote Tallies | FAQ|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007480||AVWW||[All Projects] Suggestion - General Idea||May 3, 2012 10:37 am||May 3, 2012 2:05 pm|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007480: Introducing Strategy with time shards|
|Description||I think you guys want to introduce strategy at some point, right? Also, currently the way missions advance tier is kinda fuzzy and unclear. Why does doing missions affect anything?|
Here's the idea:
- After the cataclysm happened, the overlord was able to attack defenseless people of all time and subjugate them.
- The Ilari were able to stop him temporarily by putting time shards that block the movement of time between time zones. So within a time zone (tiles of the same type) time is synchronized, but if anyone tries to move from one time zone to another, they get stuck in time. Each time zone has a completely different clock (so morning in one, night in another).
- Only the glyphbearer can move between time zones.
- A map mission represents the Ilari having located a time shard on the map. They move around as they're guarded by local mini-bosses and such, who can move within a time zone. Once the time shard's location is changed, the Ilari lose track of it and the mission opportunity is over.
- Finishing a mission destroys a time shard. You could actually have the time shard appear at the end, at which point you destroy it. By doing so, you allow time to advance between time zones. This is equivalent to the 'advance time' button we used to have on the strategy screen.
- Each movement of time allows the overlord to move his troops and carry out another nefarious plan. It starts from the overlord den or the lieutenants and proceeds towards the settlement.
- This means things only happen when you finish a map mission, and they don't end until you finish the next map mission. If there are several time zones (not tiles) between the settlement and the overlord (assuming his action comes from there) it'll take that number of mission time units to get to the settlement.
- You don't see where troops are advancing, and within a time zone they can move back and forth between tiles, so it's not so easy to catch them. But if you figure out where they should be (perhaps you got a sight of them at some point) you can more or less track them down.
- The advancing mission time also allows you to build up your settlement, not only with the current buildings but also with more fortification to protect against attacks.
- As an example of a further implication of this idea, if you find a survivor but he's far away from your settlement, say three time zones away, he won't get to the settlement until 3 missions have been accomplished.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Internal Weight||Feature Suggestion|
May 3, 2012 1:25 pm
|I think I confused the way you guys use time shard for what I had in mind. So just replace "time shard" above with "time crystal"|
May 3, 2012 2:05 pm
Bluddy, you crazy crazy fool. This is brilliant!
Maybe it has implications on gameplay that I don't fully understand, but it would be a great way to reincorporate wandering monsters and any other events like that them relied on having a set time to move somewhere, now that the jump has been made to global time. Might cause a few issues when the overlord keep is directly adjacent to the settlement (had it happen one or twice), but otherwise, I like it.
It ties together missions, strategic macrogame, and gives a more cohesive method to use "turns" again, which always felt clunky. One mission = one turn
|Only registered users can voice their support. Click here to register, or here to log in.|
|Supporters:||No one explicitly supports this issue yet.|
|Opponents:||No one explicitly opposes this issue yet.|
|May 3, 2012 10:37 am||Bluddy||New Issue|
|May 3, 2012 12:40 pm||tigersfan||Internal Weight||=> Feature Suggestion|
|May 3, 2012 12:40 pm||tigersfan||Status||new => considering|
|May 3, 2012 1:25 pm||Bluddy||Note Added: 0023365|
|May 3, 2012 2:05 pm||khadgar||Note Added: 0023369|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group|