|This page is up to date for game version 5.032 and should still be correct.|
Every ship in the game has an Hull Type that is what its structural hull is made from.
Most military ships get an attack multiplier against 3 or 4 Hull Types. Ships that get no hull bonuses tend to have higher base damage.
In-game when looking at the ship description pop-up, the Hull Type at the end of the second white line as, for example, "Hull: Light".
Note that Attack Multipliers are not tied to the type of ammunition a ship fires, although a ship can be immune to a certain shot type as described in the Ship Immunities page.
How damage is calculated can be found on the Armor page.
The following are all the Hull Types in v. 5.032, along with some examples of ships possessing that hull:
- Several bonus fleet ships, mostly short-range
- Command-Grade - Bombers are the only ordinary ship that get a damage bonus against this hull type, whereas most turrets get a 0.1x damage penalty.
- Warheads of all kinds
- Several bonus fleet ships
- Fighters and similar bonus fleet ships
- Polycrystal - As of v. 5.032, Fortresses get a 0.01x damage penalty against this hull type, so it is recommended that a strike force attacking a Fortress consist only of ships with polycrystal hulls.
- Several high-cap bonus fleet ships
- Raid Starships
- Several bonus fleet ships, most well-suited to raiding