An Environmental Puzzle Game About Family, Grit, and Survival
Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren't your typical Zed -- theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses. The wilderness thickens.
It has been nine years since That Day when it all started. Pockets of humanity still exist, but are ignorant of one another. Within these isolated havens people try to live as best they can -- for even in a world so broken and dark, daily life must go on.
Darrell and Mary Williams were able to build such a life inside a five-acre fenced yard out in the country. They were even secure enough in their isolated compound that they had a daughter five years after the zombie-like grays appeared.
Life carried on as normally as it could, until another refugee on the run is killed during a nearby attack. Her son is saved and taken in by the Williamses -- who do not realize that this kind action will destroy their home and threaten their entire family. They find themselves caught in the midst of a struggle between two eldritch horrors, and the path to survival is anything but clear.
- Solve environmental puzzles under pressure. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Nearly 100 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulty levels ranging between casual and hardcore, developed end to end by two experienced adventure level designers.
- Complete bonus objectives for higher scores and gold markers.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat through in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Guide different members of the Williams family through branching story paths that result in one of several endings. Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or anywhere in between.
- Music and sound by composer Pablo Vega provides a chilling atmosphere for players to experience.
- Included level editor: The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
- Still not sure what this is? Read Just What Is This Shattered Haven Thing, Anyway?
100% DRM Free!
This game works a bit differently from our other titles. In our prior titles, a simple license key check was required. This let us have a demo that could be turned into the full version via the classic shareware fashion, and it let players register their games via the CD key on Steam. However, it also barred us from certain distributors that require games to be completely DRM-free, and was a mild annoyance. With this game, therefore, we're giving it a shot as 100% DRM-free. This means no CD key, and you get a secure download of the game once you buy it. We'll give steam keys to anyone who wants one who orders the game directly from us during the preorder period only.
Add To Cart $9.99 USD
COMPATIBLE OPERATING SYSTEMS
Windows XP SP2 or later
Mac OSX Intel CPU and "Leopard" 10.5 or later.
Linux is not fully supported by Unity 3D, the engine Shattered Haven runs on. However, all of our games tend to work great under WINE.
1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
500 MB Hard Disk Space
1024x768 or greater desktop screen resolution (1024x768 recommended)
Graphics card must support 1024x1024 textures (most 32MB and up graphics cards do).